История

История гимназии на английском языке

История гимназии на английском языке

Gymnasium named after AS. Pushkin has glorious history. We introduce you to the current stage of the development of our educational establishment. In 2016 it turns 25 years old. In November 1937, Seven Year School named after Pushkin opened its doors to 450 children. The first years were among the hardest in the development of school: built in less than a year the building met the children damp and cold, hurriedly folded furnaces smoked, and heated poorly. At that time school was visited by children of different social status: they were far from being capable and well-groomed. Looking through the teachers meeting's protocols of those years we can see that it was really a problem for the teachers to make the students from such suburban areas as Chit, Zarechie and Kochpon reach at least the medium level of education. It was really hard because there were a lot of overgrown children among them. 

 

Nevertheless, the average performance parameters were close to those of the city and reached 79-82%. In 1941, the beginning of the Second World War disciplined the children; the slogan “All for the front, everything for the victory” was a real appeal to every child. The children were confident that only their studies, work all at full strength could bring the victory. At that time the idea of labour landings was born. Wherever they worked in their free time they did their best. They worked on collective farm fields, stored firewood for the school and families of veterans of war, and did what they could for the widows and all the families of the heroes who fought against the enemy. In 1943 school No 14 was transformed into a seven-year educational establishment for men, it made it possible to strengthen military training, a lot of time was given to drill and fire training. Each graduate had skills in small arms, basic skills of warfare on land. The status of men's seven-year school operated until 1954. During this period, school was led by wonderful people: Elkin Maksim Dmitrievich (killed in action), Urnyshev Grigory Aleksandrovich, Tsember Georgy Andreyevich (killed in action), Smolina Lilia Nikolaevna.

 In 1954, the seven-year school was reorganized into a secondary educational establishment where girls and boys became a joint again.

School was topped by Belyaeva Tatyana Pavlovna, calm, reasonable, fair person.

 It was during the second half of the 50's, early 60's, when the traditions of school originated and still continue their development. They are Pushkin Evening High School Festival "For the Honor of School" (now "Viva Gimnasium"), the contests "Come on, Guys!", "Come on Girls!" and many others. But the most important tradition is a high level of knowledge of our graduates. Since 1958, school training indicators show one of the leading places in the city. At that time, there appeared an extension to the school, housing a new gym and technical and service labor workshops. During this period of time their appeared such interesting young teachers as Bobina Galina Nikolaevna, Kuranova Alexandra Alexandrovna, Pautova Klara Pavlovna, Vezhova Aza Mikhailovna and others.

In 1961 secondary school № 14 was reorganized into an eight-year school due to realization the principle of school polyethnicity.

In 1962 Bobina Galina Nikolaevna, who was the youngest headmaster in the city was asked to lead the school.

The status of the eight-year school existed until 1964.

The young, energetic headmaster saw the futility of school being in the status of an eight-year school, and in next two years did a huge preparatory work in order to open a educational institution on an existing database. Originally it was planned to open a school with a number of subjects taught in the German language, justifying it by the fact that there were a lot of Germans in Syktyvkar (place Paris in Lesozavod region, settlement Krasnozatonsky).

However, in last minute before the decision was adopted the language was changed because of urgent recommendations of the Regional Party Committee.

So in 1964 the first specialized school was opened in Syktyvkar, called Secondary School № 14 named after A.S.Pushkin with some subjects taught in the English language. But due to the difficulties encountered in providing the educational process with staff and textbooks, the school was renamed at the beginning of the 70s into High School number 14 named after Pushkin with profound study of the English language.

From the first year the new status of the institution (1964) gave a powerful impetus to the development of school.

Firstly, it made possible to rejuvenate the staff, primarily due to the teachers of English. In the mid `60s came such young, talented teachers of English as Matveeva Iraida Mikhailovna, Egorova Nina Ivanova, Evstifeeva Larisa Alekseevna, a little later Smirnova Tatiana Grigorievna and Mityashina Tamara Vasilievna.

Secondly, it made possible to "improve" the enrollment: as a rule children were brought to school №14 by parents with a fairly high level of education that certainly attracted the attention to school of the city and republic leadership. The school became a fairly prestigious educational institution.

Thanks to fruitful cooperation with Syktyvkar Squadron, more than 100 school leavers linked their life with civil aviation.

The school had only one school shift due to the fact that in 1975 it got the building in Ordzhonikidze Street, 15 for free use.

In 1977, Tukoev Fyodor  Fyodorovich  became the headmaster of school №14. School consistently showed high. Club “Rocket”continued its work until 1983.

 In the period of 70-80 years a lot of new talented teachers, who are still working, came to our school:  Bukina Olga Valerianovna, Krivoschekov Alexander Fedorovich, Vlasova Lubov Vyacheslavovna, Poleschikova Marina Vladimirovna, Pryadko Nadezhda Mihailovna, Derkach Galina Prokopevna and many others.

 

 In 1985, school was headed by Kalashnikova Nina Stepanovna.

A woman of curious mind, Nina Stepanovna saw that everyday life at school had become routine, without any creative impulses and soon she realized that a new idea was necessary for a new push to the development of our school. One of the ideas was changing the status of our school. Nina Stepanovna wanted to re-organize our school to gymnasium. The documents were prepared for two years. Her labours were crowned with success. In May 30, 1991 "Humanitarian Gymnasium Named After Alexander Pushkin" was established. The second foreign language (French , German) was added to the curriculum . Choreography, ethics, world literature, expanded opportunities for additional education. There began publishing a collection of creative works by students named "Inspiration", created by Council of high school students.

In 1999 the gymnasium was headed by a new headmaster, Uvarovsky Vasily Anatolyevich . He had had an experience in directing. Gradually, thanks to his perseverance and persistence the first program of the gymnasium development was created. For 13 years gymnasium has made significant progress. In 2012, the third school program was adopted and approved; the previous two had been made in full volume. As a result, new approaches to the organization of educational process appeared. They resulted in the following way: 

All pupils successfully mastered the educational programs, the percentage of students who mastered the curriculum at "4" and "5" at the end of the school year varied from 62 to 65; All 9 form students successfully passed the exams, and up to 98% - in a new form, the average score on the certification results in all subjects was not less than "4";    All 11 form students successfully passed their state national exams, each year not less than 15 graduates gain more than 80 points, including 7-8 form students gaining over 90 points;   
Annually , students participate in the All Subject Olympiad, winning 30-35 prizes at the municipal stage and 4-8 prizes at the regional stage;  All graduates of gymnasium successfully study at higher educational establishments of Russia, receiving vocational training. They quickly determine with employment, easy socialize in enterprises and business succeed in the workforce. Among the graduates there are many famous teachers, doctors, scientists, journalists, and there are well-known artists, poets and public figures. In the last decade the gymnasium successfully participated in parades and competitions: 

Almost every year our gymnasium receives diplomas at an annual national exhibition "School of the Year".  Gymnasium is a winner of the republican stage of the competition "School 2006", winner of the contest "School 2007" Grammar school twice (2007, 2008) became the winner in the national project "Education". In 2002, gymnasium got its own anthem. The author of this anthem is a teacher of English Alexander Filippov. Pupils receive an excellent education at our gymnasium. All of them are filled with ideas of independence, search for creativity in work, love and respect for their homeland, language and culture. In these pictures one can see our teachers. They are all really enthusiastic people, ready for cooperation. Our gymnasium tries to keep remarkable traditions of the past and create new ones.

 

 

Such holidays as the Day of Gymnasium (the day of Pushkin’s lyceum), celebrated in 19 October are connected with the name of the great poet. On this day first graders are ordained into grammar-school students, and the holiday of foreign languages is organized for 7-graders. Pushkin week is annually held in February. Ninth-graders prepare a literary evening in Pushkin's memory. Most children strive to creative activities. Gymnasium offers them a chance to participate in various projects, exhibitions of creative works in foreign languages, all kinds of competitions, marathons of knowledge, conferences and sports actions. Students and teachers are constant participants of the KVN (Cheerful and Resourceful People Club) movement. The teacher's team "Ladies' Club" was the champion of KVN. Teachers of foreign languages and students prepare such bright holidays as Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving Day, St. Valentine's Day and others. Pupils compose verse and fairy tales, do literary translations, prepare colorful presentations. One of the brightest traditions is "Golden Pages of the World Literature" where pupils show scenes from plays by classics of the world literature

In 1994 the whole class of our gymnasium visited England and practiced the English language at a British college. In 1995 a big group of pupils made a trip to the USA. Children lived in the American families, attended classes at school of the State of Maine. And then there were trips to New York and Washington. In 1999 a big group of teachers and students of our gymnasium visited London, Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare's Homeland.   Over a long period of time our gymnasium earned a reputation of one of the most prestigious educational institutions in Syktyvkar. Our graduates keep interest in foreign languages for the rest of life. Many of them choose foreign languages for the profession, among them - doctors and candidates of sciences, teachers, pilots, engineers, and just hundreds of wonderful people. Hello dear guests We are… We introduce you to the current stage of the development of our Gymnasium named after AS. Pushkin. In 2016 it turns 25 years old. In November 1937, Seven Year School named after Pushkin opened its doors to 450 children. The first years were among the hardest in the development of school: built in less than a year the building met the children damp and cold, hurriedly folded furnaces smoked, and heated poorly. At that time school was visited by children of different social status: they were far from being capable and well-groomed. Looking through the teachers meeting's protocols of those years we can see that it was really a problem for the teachers to make the students from such suburban areas as Chit, Zarechie and Kochpon reach at least the medium level of education. It was really hard because there were a lot of overgrown children among them. 

 Nevertheless, the average performance parameters were close to those of the city and reached 79-82%. In 1941, the beginning of the Second World War disciplined the children; the slogan “All for the front, everything for the victory” was a real appeal to every child. The children were confident that only their studies, work all at full strength could bring the victory. At that time the idea of labour landings was born. Wherever they worked in their free time they did their best. They worked on collective farm fields, stored firewood for the school and families of veterans of war, and did what they could for the widows and all the families of the heroes who fought against the enemy. In 1943 school No 14 was transformed into a seven-year educational establishment for men, it made it possible to strengthen military training, a lot of time was given to drill and fire training. Each graduate had skills in small arms, basic skills of warfare on land. The status of men's seven-year school operated until 1954. During this period, school was led by wonderful people: Elkin Maksim Dmitrievich (killed in action), Urnyshev Grigory Aleksandrovich, Tsember Georgy Andreyevich (killed in action), Smolina Lilia Nikolaevna.

 In 1954, the seven-year school was reorganized into a secondary educational establishment where girls and boys became a joint again.  

School was topped by Belyaeva Tatyana Pavlovna, a calm, reasonable, fair person.

 It was during the second half of the 50's, early 60's, when the traditions of school originated and still continue their development. They are Pushkin Evening High School Festival "For the Honor of School" (now "Viva Gimnasium"), the contests "Come on, Guys!", "Come on Girls!" and many others. But the most important tradition is a high level of knowledge of our graduates. Since 1958, school training indicators show one of the leading places in the city. At that time, there appeared an extension to the school, housing a new gym and technical and service labor workshops. During this period of time their appeared such interesting young teachers as Bobina Galina Nikolaevna, Kuranova Alexandra Alexandrovna, Pautova Klara Pavlovna, Vezhova Aza Mikhailovna and others.

In 1961 secondary school № 14 was reorganized into an eight-year school due to realization the principle of school polyethnicity.

In 1962 Bobina Galina Nikolaevna, who was the youngest headmaster in the city was asked to lead the school.

The status of the eight-year school existed until 1964.

The young, energetic headmaster saw the futility of school being in the status of an eight-year school, and in next two years did a huge preparatory work in order to open a educational institution on an existing database. Originally it was planned to open a school with a number of subjects taught in the German language, justifying it by the fact that there were a lot of Germans in Syktyvkar (place Paris in Lesozavod region, settlement Krasnozatonsky).

However, in last minute before the decision was adopted the language was changed because of urgent recommendations of the Regional Party Committee.

So in 1964 the first specialized school was opened in Syktyvkar, called Secondary School № 14 named after A.S.Pushkin with some subjects taught in the English language. But due to the difficulties encountered in providing the educational process with staff and textbooks, the school was renamed at the beginning of the 70s into High School number 14 named after Pushkin with profound study of the English language.

From the first year the new status of the institution (1964) gave a powerful impetus to the development of school.

Firstly, it made possible to rejuvenate the staff, primarily due to the teachers of English. In the mid `60s came such young, talented teachers of English as Matveeva Iraida Mikhailovna, Egorova Nina Ivanova, Evstifeeva Larisa Alekseevna, a little later Smirnova Tatiana Grigorievna and Mityashina Tamara Vasilievna.

Secondly, it made possible to "improve" the enrollment: as a rule children were brought to school №14 by parents with a fairly high level of education that certainly attracted the attention to school of the city and republic leadership. The school became a fairly prestigious educational institution.

Sociability of the Director, her ability to reach out to the leadership for support in solving problems, gave a chance of opening the famous club of young aviators "Rocket", which included almost all students since grade 7.

Thanks to fruitful cooperation with Syktyvkar Squadron, more than 100 school leavers linked their life with civil aviation.

The school had only one school shift due to the fact that in 1975 it got the building in Ordzhonikidze Street, 15 for free use.

In 1977, Tukoev Fyodor  Fyodorovich  became the headmaster of school №14. School consistently showed high educational indicators. Club “Rocket”continued its work until 1983.

In the period of 70-80 years a lot of new talented teachers, who are still working, came to our school:  Bukina Olga Valerianovna, Krivoschekov Alexander Fedorovich, Vlasova Lubov Vyacheslavovna, Poleschikova Marina Vladimirovna, Pryadko Nadezhda Mihailovna, Derkach Galina Prokopevna and many others.

In 1985, school was headed by Kalashnikova Nina Stepanovna.

A woman of curious mind, Nina Stepanovna saw that everyday life at school had become, without any creative impulses and soon she realized that a new idea was necessary for a new push to the development of our school. One of the ideas was changing the status of our school. Nina Stepanovna wanted to re-organize our school to gymnasium. The documents were prepared for two years. Her labours were crowned with success. In May 30, 1991 "Humanitarian Gymnasium Named After Alexander Pushkin" was established. The second foreign language (French , German) was added to the curriculum . Choreography, ethics, world literature, expanded opportunities for additional education. There began publishing a collection of creative works by students named "Inspiration", created by Council of high school students.

In 1999 the gymnasium was headed by a new headmaster, Uvarovsky Vasily Anatolyevich .

He had had an experience in directing. Gradually, thanks to his perseverance and persistence the first program of the gymnasium development was created. For 13 years gymnasium has made significant progress. In 2012, the third school program was adopted and approved; the previous two had been made in full volume. As a result, new approaches to the organization of educational process appeared. They resulted in the following way: 

 

All pupils successfully mastered the educational programs, the percentage of students who mastered the curriculum at "4" and "5" at the end of the school year varied from 62 to 65; All 9 form students successfully passed the exams, and up to 98% - in a new form, the average score on the certification results in all subjects was not less than "4";    All 11 form students successfully passed their state national exams, each year not less than 15 graduates gain more than 80 points, including 7-8 form students gaining over 90 points;    Annually , students participate in the All Subject Olympiad, winning 30-35 prizes at the municipal stage and 4-8 prizes at the regional stage;  All graduates of gymnasium successfully study at higher educational establishments of Russia, receiving vocational training. They quickly determine with employment, easy socialize in enterprises and business succeed in the workforce. Among the graduates there are many famous teachers, doctors, scientists, journalists, and there are well-known artists, poets and public figures. In the last decade the gymnasium successfully participated in parades and competitions: 

Almost every year our gymnasium receives diplomas at an annual national exhibition "School of the Year".  Gymnasium is a winner of the republican stage of the competition "School 2006", winner of the contest "School 2007".  Grammar school twice (2007, 2008) became the winner in the national project "Education". In 2002, gymnasium got its own anthem. The author of this anthem is a teacher of English Alexander Filippov. Pupils receive an excellent education at our gymnasium. All of them are filled with ideas of independence, search for creativity in work, love and respect for their homeland, language and culture. In these pictures one can see our teachers. They are all really enthusiastic people, ready for cooperation. Our gymnasium tries to keep remarkable traditions of the past and create new ones.

Such holidays as the Day of Gymnasium (the day of Pushkin’s lyceum), celebrated in 19 October are connected with the name of the great poet. On this day first graders are ordained into grammar-school students, and the holiday of foreign languages is organized for 7-graders. Pushkin week is annually held in February. Ninth-graders prepare a literary evening in Pushkin's memory. Most children strive to creative activities. Gymnasium offers them a chance to participate in various projects, exhibitions of creative works in foreign languages, all kinds of competitions, marathons of knowledge, conferences and sports actions. Students and teachers are constant participants of the KVN (Cheerful and Resourceful People Club) movement. The teacher's team "Ladies' Club" was the champion of KVN. Teachers of foreign languages and students prepare such bright holidays as Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving Day, St. Valentine's Day and others. Pupils compose verse and fairy tales, do literary translations, prepare colorful presentations. One of the brightest traditions is "Golden Pages of the World Literature" where pupils show scenes from plays by classics of the world literature.

In 1994 the whole class of our gymnasium visited England and practiced the English language at a British college. In 1995 a big group of pupils made a trip to the USA. Children lived in the American families, attended classes at school of the State of Maine. And then there were trips to New York and Washington. In 1999 a big group of teachers and students of our gymnasium visited London, Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare's Homeland.   Over a long period of time our gymnasium earned a reputation of one of the most prestigious educational institutions in Syktyvkar. Our graduates keep interest in foreign languages for the rest of life. Many of them choose foreign languages for the profession, among them - doctors and candidates of sciences, teachers, pilots, engineers,and just hundreds of wonderful people.